The Bible Pages, key-word index, section Liars to Lot
For the latest version of this document, click here: www.biblepages.net/key37.htm
Section Liars to Lot (the other sections → key00.htm)
Liars, lies, lying
- Should believers lie? What does the Bible say about lying? → noa050.htm
- Jesus said that Satan is the father of lying (John 8:44). → noa050.htm
- Jesus warned his disciples about lying deceivers. “For there shall arise false Messiahs and false prophets” (Matthew 24:24). → noa090.htm
- 1 John 2:22, “Who is the liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ?” → noa020.htm
- 1 John 4:20, “If someone says, ‘I love God’, and hates his brother, he is a liar”. → noa050.htm
- Lying and deceitfulness are not reconcilable with righteousness. → noa050.htm – nga080.htm
Liberal, liberally – The passages where the 1769 King James version has such words as “liberal”, “liberally”, “liberality”, refer to being generous. Look under the headings “Good works”, “Giving” and “Righteousness”.
Lie, lies – Look above, under the heading “Liars, lies, lying”.
- Humans are mortal and do not have everlasting life in themselves; that is something they must be given by God. The concept “immortal soul” is not found in the Bible; it is of Catholic origin.
- Life after death (resurrection). → nba080.htm
- New life (2 Corinthians 5:17). → nba050.htm
- The dead will be raised up to a new life, for judgment. → nta060.htm
- 2 Corinthians 3:6, “the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life”. → nca110.htm
- “The last Adam became a life-giving Spirit” (1 Corinthians 15:45, HCSB). → nba050.htm
- Paul to the saints in Rome: “Just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6, NKJV). → nba050.htm
- The Old Covenant did not provide the Israelites a way to receive everlasting life. → (nca010.htm) – (nca110.htm)
- The tree of life in Heaven, with its fruits. → (nda020.htm)
- The light-giving fire in the lamps in the menorah in the temple was produced by burning olive oil. Many bible-versions contain such words as “candles” or “candlesticks”, but that is an error. The menorah in the sanctuary was a lamp-stand where olive oil flowed through ducts into seven separate fires. For more, look under the headings “Menorah” and “Candles”.
- The lamps of the virgins, Matthew 25. → nba060.htm
- On the ceremonial lighting in the temple area during the Feast of Booths. → (nxa050.htm)
- John 8:12, “Jesus said to them, I am the light of the world”. → nxa050.htm
LIT (A bible-translation.) → nsa090.htm
Live, living – look above, under the heading “Life”.
LO (A bible-translation.) → nsa090.htm
Loaf, loaves – On the symbolism of the wave loaf sacrifice that was made on Pentecost. → nxa020.htm
Loose – On the binding and loosing of Matthew 16:19. → nba070.htm
- In the Old Testament, when the 1769 KJ version has “Lord”, “lord” or “lords”, the Hebrew or Aramaic word in question may be one of these: YAHWEH, YAHH, ADONAY, ADON, GEBIYR, CEREN, SAR, BAAL, RAB, RABREBAN, MARE.
- In more than 6000 OT passages where the KJV1769 has “Lord” (in caps or small caps), the Hebrew text has YAHWEH (YHWH).
- Look also under the headings “YHWH” and “Kurios”. (Regarding the dogmas about “true names” or “sacred names”, look under the heading “Sacred names”.)
Lost sheep – When Jesus sent the twelve to the “lost sheep of the house of Israel”, Matthew 10:6, exactly what did that refer to? → nya080.htm
Lost tribes – The ten “lost” tribes of Israel in prophecy. → nya010.htm – Look also under the heading “Tribes of Israel”.
- Lot was the nephew of Abraham, see Genesis 11–19.
- “Lot”, in the meaning “inheritance”
- The lot or inheritance of Levi – some preachers or “clergymen” have claimed or felt that they have somehow “inherited” the lot which the tribe of Levi had in ancient Israel. (The very word “clergy” comes from the old Greek word klêros which meant “lot”, “inheritance”.) But, is that concept correct? → nsa070.htm
- For more, see the other parts of this multi-page index, or use the search function.
Next section: Love to Lystra (the other sections → key00.htm)
Table of contents – a list of the articles at this site, with short subject descriptions. → articles.htm
Search for specific things at this site. → npa020.htm
Regarding quoting and sharing with others
Quoting: You can quote shorter passages in the articles at this site, provided that you mention the source by stating the full internet address (URL) to the article in question. Include also a date.
Sharing with others: You may not re-publish any part of the contents of this site, as a booklet, brochure or on the internet or in other ways; the author retains the copyright ©. But, you can send copies of the documents at this site, for instance to a friend. Often, the best way to do this is to send that person the internet address to the relevant page or pages. You can even give paper-copies to others, provided that you print the document in question in full, in the form it appears on this site, including the address and date at its end. Always get the very latest version, directly from this site.
For more on quoting and sharing with others, see the page npa030.htm.
This site is not connected to any church or religious organisation. In other words, it looks at things from a biblical perspective, and not from a dogmatic one. For more on the goal and purpose of this site, and a contact address, see the page npa030.htm.
The address to this index-page is www.biblepages.net/key37.htm.
Please send or mention the address to this site to others. You can also link to these pages.
You can download this whole site for offline use. See the page npa040.htm.
Some part of this multi-page key-word index was changed or modified 2017–04–22. ©