The Bible Pages, key-word index, section John to Jordan
For the latest version of this document, click here: www.biblepages.net/key32.htm
Section John to Jordan (the other sections → key00.htm)
John the Baptist
- In the Greek text of the NT (Matthew 3:1 and so on), John the son of Zachariah is often called Iôannês ho baptistês, “John the immerser”.
- On Elijah of the Old Testament and John the Baptist and the Elijah or Elias who is mentioned in the New Testament. → eta027.htm
- Similarities between the two witnesses and Moses, Elijah and John the Baptist. → eta017.htm
John the apostle, and his book and letters (saint John, “the Gospel according to John”, and the epistles of John)
- In the Greek text of the NT, John is called Iôannês. (For a list of the apostles, see the page ega096.htm.)
- Regarding the apostle John, look also under the heading “Revelation”.
- Passages in the book of John, mentioned at this site:
- John 1
- John 3
- John 4
- John 5
- John 6
- John 7
- John 8
- John 11
- John 12
- John 14
- John 15
- John 16
- John 18
- Passages in John’s letters, mentioned at this site:
- 1 John 1
- 1 John 2
- 1 John 3
- 1 John 4
- 1 John 5
- 6–8 – Look under the heading “Trinity”.
- 2 John
- For more, see the other parts of this multi-page index, or use the search function.
- The Jews sort the book of Jonah under the section Neviim, “the Prophets”, and further under sub-sections “the Latter prophets” and “the Minor prophets”. → (eca016.htm, appendix)
- The Lord sent the prophet Jonah to witness against the city of Nineveh, whose citizens then repented, whereby the city was saved (for that time).
- Matthew 16:4 mentions “the sign of Jonah”. → (eoa138.htm)
- The Apostle Peter’s father was apparently called Jonah (Matthew 16:17; Peter was surnamed Bariônas as the Greek NT text has it.)
- No passages in the book of Jonah are quoted at this site.
Jordan (the river Jordan, Hebrew Yarden)
- The river Jordan goes from the lake of Gennesaret to the Dead Sea. It is around 250 kilometres long. In the days of Joshua, it was a part of the eastern border for the Promised Land.
- The Scriptures make it clear that the Israelites’ 40-year desert sojourn took place in Arabia, east of the line formed by the river Jordan, the Dead Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba. → eoa067.htm
- When the ancient Israelites in the days of Joshua crossed over the river Jordan into the Promised Land, tithing began. → ema018.htm
Next section: Joseph to Justness (the other sections → key00.htm)
Table of contents – a list of the articles at this site, with short subject descriptions. → articles.htm
Search for specific things at this site. → epa022.htm
Regarding quoting and sharing with others
Quoting: You can quote shorter passages in the articles at this site, provided that you mention the source by stating the full internet address (URL) to the article in question. Include also a date.
Sharing with others: You may not re-publish any part of the contents of this site, as a booklet, brochure or on the internet or in other ways; the author retains the copyright ©. But, you can send copies of the documents at this site, for instance to a friend. Often, the best way to do this is to send that person the internet address to the relevant page or pages. You can even give paper-copies to others, provided that you print the document in question in full, in the form it appears on this site, including the address and date at its end. Always get the very latest version, directly from this site.
For more on quoting and sharing with others, see the page epa032.htm
This site is not connected to any church or religious organisation. In other words, it looks at things from a biblical perspective, and not from a dogmatic one. For more on the goal and purpose of this site, and a contact address, see the page epa032.htm
The address to this index-page is www.biblepages.net/key32.htm
Please send or mention the address to this site to others. You can also link to these pages.
Some part of this multi-page key-word index was changed or modified 2017–03–24. ©